Why Respite Connection?
Why Respite Connection may be the best match for you…
- We are a local, family-owned agency with a personal drive to provide excellent care
- Families are assigned to a Service Supervisor to coordinate their services. When you have questions, you know who to call.
- Access to our professional, trained employees
- The opportunity to build lasting relationships with care providers
- Our website offers access to information about how you have used your services. Families can view the hours that have been submitted to our office by logging into a secure portal (Staff can view the hours they’ve been paid as well)
- We offer quick, streamlined processes for starting and receiving services
- Individualized services to fit your family’s schedule, preferences and needs
- Families and direct care providers set their own schedule together and communicate directly with each other. This allows for flexibility in scheduling without having to call our office
- Families can refer family members or family friends for employment, allowing them to work with someone they already know and trust
- When we match your family with a staff, your Service Supervisor will have an in-person introductory meeting to ensure your staff know everything needed to provide great care
- We ensure your direct care staff have everything they need, including all waiver-required trainings as well as ensure compliance with other state and federal laws, including Medicaid and employment laws.
- Sponsored events for your entire family! Pool parties, hayrack rides at the apple orchard, skating parties, bowling parties…don’t miss these fun activities!
- Free access to partner facilities during Respite or SCL shift
- Greater Des Moines YMCA facilities
- Courage League Sports (during open gym times)
- Sibshop – A support group designed for siblings of children with special needs, managed by Licensed Mental Health counselors